Thursday, April 06, 2006

And the bread is rising....


So how did my bread turn out...pretty good actually, not terribly tangy yet, but that will come as the starter ages. It also took a long time to rise, but again that will improve with time, I think the general flavour and texture of bread is improved with slow rising, I guess its just a little bit difficult to make unless you going to be around the house for a good chunk of the day. Lucky I was and I combined the day of "making stuff" by catching up on some well needed cheesemaking...I say that because I find making cheese an extremely meditative and also well needed because I have a backlog of people waiting for some cheese! I made brie, fetta, haloumi and ricotta. The haloumi will form part of dinner tonight, while I will marinate the fetta in a few days. The brie will take 3-4 weeks before it is ready.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Brie! I love it, but you really can't find a really good brie in the Arizona desert! Sure we have a few specialty shops, but they are usually in Scottsdale (where the upper crust lives). Enjoyed reading your blog, just wanted to leave a note and say hello from Arizona!

12:59 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home